Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fleetwood Mac Star Detoxes From Legal Drugs

n the article linked below, Fleetwood Mac star Stevie Nicks discusses the biggest mistake she says she ever made -- giving in to her friends and going to see a psychiatrist. He put her on the drug Klonopin, and the next eight years of her life were destroyed.

According to Nicks, if she didn't take it, her hands started to shake. She gained weight and felt as if she had a neurological disease.

As reported in the Daily Beast, Nicks said:

"Finally, in 1993, I'd had enough. I said, 'Take me to a hospital.' I went in for 47 days, and it made Betty Ford look like a cakewalk. My hair turned gray and my skin molted. I could hardly walk. You can detox off heroin in 12 days. Coke is just a mental detox. But tranquilizers -- they are dangerous. I was terrified to leave, and I came away knowing that that would never happen to me again."

NOTE: Many people take anti depressants and have a horrible time trying to wean their body from them. It is natural to have ups and downs, gloriously wonderful days and when troubles hit we can naturally feel stressed, frustrated, hopeless. If we learn to deal with the real issues at hand we can get through them without being medicated or suffering like this well known signer did. Just say NO to Pharmaceutical drugs, without your thorough investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment